The Johnstown Tragedy
Showing God in the midst of tragedy, this book gives the graphic accounts of the worst tragedy in the USA until 911, while giving an angel’s perspective of backstories that they were able to impact.
THE JOHNSTOWN TRAGEDY
The Worst Tragedy on US Soil Until 911
The scale of the Johnstown ﬂood of 1889 is hard to imagine. Summarizing the ﬂood’s impact in statistics and facts is a quick way to convey the enormity of the event. Here is a list of some of the most descriptive facts about the Johnstown ﬂood:
- 2,209 people died
- 99 entire families died, including 396 children
- 124 women and 198 men were left widowed
- More than 750 victims were never identiﬁed and rest in the Plot of the Unknown in Grandview Cemetery
- Bodies were found as far away as Cincinnati, and as late as 1911
- 1,600 homes were destroyed
- $17 million in property damage was done (equivalent to $431,949,885 in 2018)
- Four square miles of downtown Johnstown were completely destroyed
- The pile of debris at the stone bridge covered 30 acres
- The distance between the dam that failed and Johnstown was 14 miles
- The dam was owned by the South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club, that counted Andrew Carnegie and Henry Clay Frick among its’members
- The dam contained 20 million tons of water before it gave way, about the same amount of water as goes over Niagara Falls in 36 minutes
- Flood lines were found as high as 89 feet above river level
- The great wave measured 35-40 feet high and hit Johnstown at 40 miles per hour
- The force of the ﬂood swept several locomotives weighing 170,000 pounds as far as 4,800 feet
Join the angel Hael as he will tell you his story of an incredible tragedy that happened nearly one and a half mortal centuries ago in the United States of America.
I am not sure why Hael chose this tragedy, there are and have been many all over the world during these last 6000 years that he could have chosen. I believe that he chose this because the majority of this book is made up by a book in public domain that he was able to use and not have to write everything from scratch. We may be angels, but there are some things that we must do as slowly as, well, mortals.
Nevertheless, all of us here in heaven, on the Guardian Angel side, are honored to have you read this. We would ask you only one thing. Be good Bereans and compare everything that you read from Hael, to the Word of God.
Approximately two thirds of the b0ok is from the 1889 author, and the rest is from Hael. You will instantaneously see which parts are Hael’s because he will begin those sections with his name and they will be italicized.
I would like to say, “enjoy the book” but I cannot, for it will be a painful book to read. What I will say though, is that this sobering book should cause your “trust-muscle” to be strengthened as you trust God Almighty to strengthen your faith in the midst of tragedies.
Immediate Supervisor to Hael
& Undersecretary to Michael