Thank you for a very productive time of discussion Weds. regarding our study of Psalm 19. We continue our study of the Book of Psalms next Weds., 7/26 with a focus on Psalm 136. This psalm has a unique construction and is still used today by Jews as part of the Passover celebration.
Here are some questions to consider
- What is antiphonal singing?
- How is God “good”?
- What is the significance of the refrain “For His mercy endures forever”?
- Who are the “gods” mentioned in 136:2?
- How is God the “Lord of lords” (136:3)?
- To what “great wonders” is the psalmist referring in 136:4?
- How does 136:10-22 provide proof of God’s faithful love for His people?
- If God is love, how can we understand the utter death and destruction that He brought to Egypt and other nations that opposed His people?
- What was the people’s “lowly state” or “humiliation” mentioned in 136:23?
- What is the significance of 136:24, “Who gives food to all flesh”?