January 6, 13, 20, 27, 2022
3:55am till 5:00am (Eastern)
Below are each week’s prayer prompts.
Bring them to the prayer call, and/or use them on your own.
NOTE: Where a verse is bold, THAT is our focus.
NDP PRAYER FOR AMERICA
JANUARY 6, 13, 20, 27, 2022
GOD’S BLESSINGS (Jan. 6th)
Work principles in Proverbs
- BEGIN with Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men (Colossians 3:23 NASB 1977)
- Idle [Lazy] hands make one poor, but diligent hands bring riches. (Proverbs 10:4 HCSB)
- Dishonest scales are detestable to the LORD, but an accurate weight is His delight. (Proverbs 11:1 HCSB)
- “The integrity of the upright guides them, but the crookedness [perversity] of the treacherous destroys them.” (Proverbs 11:3 ESV)
- “Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits [fantasies] lacks sense.” (Proverbs 12:11 ESV)
- “The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied [fully satisfied].” (Proverbs 13:4 ESV)
- Wealth obtained by fraud will dwindle, but whoever earns it through [honest] labor will multiply it. (Proverbs 13:11 HCSB)
- “Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established.” (Proverbs 16:3 ESV)
- Better a little with righteousness than great income with injustice. (Proverbs 16:8 HCSB)
- The Lord demands fairness in every business deal. He established this principle. (Proverbs 16:11 TLB)
- END with Titus 2:7-8
in everything. Make yourself an example of good works with integrity and dignity in your teaching. Your message is to be sound beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be ashamed, having nothing bad to say about us. (Titus 2:7-8 HCSB)
GOD’S HEART (Jan. 13th)
A heart after God in the workplace
- Even on the jobsite we can be an example to our kids & grandkids. . .
But from eternity to eternity the Lord’s faithful love is toward those who fear Him, and His righteousness toward the grandchildren of those who keep His covenant, who remember to observe His precepts.
Psalm 103:17-18 HCSB
- Remembering Christian business owners who put their trust in their own abilities. . .
His throne is above the heavens and He is sovereign over all
Psalm 103:19 (Paraphrased)
- Sometimes, in the workplace, because of our previous actions, we need to remember God has forgiven us. . .
As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Psalm 103:12 HCSB
- Business owners responsibility. . .
Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourselves. Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Philippians 2:3-4 HCSB
- Business owners motivation. . .
Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not set his mind on what is false, and who has not sworn deceitfully.
Psalm 24:3-4 HCSB
- When the Lord is with a businessman/woman. . .
When his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord made everything he did successful, Joseph found favor in his master’s sight. . .
Genesis 39:3-4a HCSB
GOD’S MERCY (Jan. 20th)
God’s Mercy In the Workplace
We have been praying for Christians in the workplace. Let us now consider…
- Workplace Bible Studies
- Workplace Prayer Meetings
- Sharing Christ with Colleagues
THIS WEEK’S PRAYER PROMPTS…
- God’s Mercy to Us Prompts Us to be Living Sacrifices
Romans 12:1 (HCSB)
Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship.
- Tender Mercies from God
Psalm 40:11 (KJV)
Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
- The Ultimate Sign of Mercy from us
Matthew 18:21-22 (HCSB)
Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how many times could my brother sin against me and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” “I tell you, not as many as seven,” Jesus said to him, “but 70 times seven.
- Alive with Christ, What Greater Mercy Could We Have
Ephesians 2:4-5 (HCSB)
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love that He had for us, made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses. You are saved by grace!
- We May Grudgingly Give Mercy, God Delights in Giving Mercy
Micah 7:18 (NASB)
Who is a God like You, who pardons wrongdoing And passes over a rebellious act of the remnant of His possession? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy.
- Do You Need Mercy? Cry out to Him
Psalm 130:1-2 (ESV)
Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
- God’s Mercy is Great and He Does not Give Us what we Deserve
Nehemiah 9:31 (KJV)
Nevertheless for thy great mercies’ sake thou didst not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for thou art a gracious and merciful God.
GOD’S GRACE (Jan. 27th)
God’s Grace in the Workplace
How do we handle persecution in the workplace?
- May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
establish the work of our hands for us—
yes, establish the work of our hands.
- Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
- The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
- And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
1 Peter 5:10
- For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.
- For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
- However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.