- Background to today’s prayer
- There is an underlying foundation to these prayers, and it is the same now, as it was when I wrote these a few years ago.
- Watch as these 25 Days of Christmas, through the passages of Christ’s birth, impact you.
- The foundation the Lord originally laid upon my heart, and has recently burdened me with again, is a foundation of brokenness.
- Broken for the things that God’s heart breaks for.
- This Christmas season let us watch how the Lord moves on your heart.
- And trust Him, because with brokenness you will see compassion and comfort.
- Today’s prayer
Lord, as we begin this 25 Days of Prayer, we are reminded that the Son You sent to earth to be our Saviour, is the Way the Truth and the Life (John 14:6). By Your mercy bring us to the end of ourselves so that all we seek is You. And Lord I pray for all of those that will be moved to seek Your Son, as they watch us handle being brought to the end of ourselves. Give us a loving, compassionate heart, that reaches out to our hurting brothers and sisters, comforting them so that they do not face excessive sorrow (2 Corinthians 2:7). Lord, too many abandon the faith as You teach them brokenness. So, teach us to encourage one another, that we and our brothers and sisters are not hardened by the deceitfulness of sin (Hebrews 3:13).