- Background to today’s prayer
- How big is your God?
- Is He the creator who is unfathomable?
- And if He is, how in the world could He have given up all that He did, to become incarnate in a baby’s body?
- I have no clue!
- But I want to know…as best I can!
- And, I want to understand all that my Savior gave up in coming to earth.
- Today’s prayer
Lord, as I think of the Son’s pre-incarnate existence, I am reminded that the One who walked here on terra firma is the One who spoke the words and the worlds leapt into existence. John 1:3 tells us that nothing was made and created, that was not made or created by Him. And still, He gave up all of heaven, to come here that I might spend eternity with Him. Lord, I accept that, and am grateful for that, but I surely do not understand it. Lord, by Your grace, teach me to know what Your Son gave up, to come to earth, those 2000 years ago. Teach me to appreciate what coming to earth cost Him. Teach me to love others, as best I can, as close to the way Your Son demonstrated His love for us. And Lord, teach me, as best as I am able to know, what the cross cost my Lord Christ.