- Background to today’s prayer
- How many times do you look down your nose at someone whose faults you know?
- Or, you may not know their faults, but they are just different from you, and so you struggle with that.
- And yet, God uses whom He wills. He is the One who decides who He’ll use.
- I recently worked with a Ministerial Association in a very segregated rural town. We put together a city-wide event, where we brought together a number of different denominations and ethnic groups to hold a day long event in each other’s areas.
- The real blessing came afterwards when people said, “The next time we do this . . .”
- Today’s prayer
Lord as we enter into the early part of this Christmas season, the advent of Your Son, I am reminded that His lineage was not all from one ethnic group (Matthew 1:1-17 & Luke 3:23b-38). First, they were all sinners and second, Gentiles were mixed into His lineage. Lord please forgive me for the times when I look down my nose at someone who is different from me. Lord, as well as I think I may know someone else, I am reminded that You use whom You want to use . . . to bring glory to Your name. Lord, I, less than all those that You use, deserve to be used, yet thank You for using me. And Lord, just like that rural city, who could put aside their racial differences for one day, cause this can happen in other small towns. And Father, use me to foster it.