- Background to today’s prayer
- Think about Gabriel standing before you, and if you’re like Zechariah, you doubted.
- I can’t imagine Gabriel then saying, basically, “You doubt me? I stand before God Almighty. . .”
- I’d believe anything he said. . .Or would I?
- Don’t you and I “stutter-step” just as Zechariah did? Think of things God has CLEARLY spoken of, which you still rebel from.
- Today’s prayer
Lord, as I think of the words of the angel to Zechariah (Luke 1:11-17) I cannot throw stones at him for doubting (vs 18) because I too doubt. I doubt Your clear word as stated in scripture. Lord, forgive me for this. Let me take responsibility for the times when I want to blame someone else, even though Your word is clear that my struggle is not with flesh and blood (Ephesians 6:12a). Or the times Lord, when I want to hold onto my anxiety, even though Your word clearly says I can have peace instead (Philippians 4:6-7). Father, thank You for all these and so many more promises that have been made real to us because of Your Son’s coming.