- Background to today’s prayer
- Simeon again, this time challenging us regarding thinking or, staying in our “safe” little box, when the reality is God is calling us to live a life that is abundant and full!
- Because God is real,
- His birth,
- His life,
- Imagine how much you are missing because you do not step out of, or think out of your box and think the way the Lord wants you to?
- One way we are “cheated” out of His abundance is because we are angry towards another person.
- Think seriously about today’s prayer.
Luke 2:32, Simeon again, with something so contrary to the Israelites mode of thinking, that the Messiah would be the “light for the Gentiles,” which was to bring glory to them, the Israelites. Imagine, glory to the Israelites, through the Gentiles! How counterintuitive that would have been for them, Lord. And yet, do we miss Your glory, in our lives, because that which You want in our life, is so contrary to what we want? Oh Lord, forgive us for making our will an idol above You, above Your will. Forgive us Lord for not stepping out of our box, trusting Your lead and submitting to your direction in our lives.
- Follow-up to today’s prayer
- I constantly teach this when I speak in churches.
- I like to bring up verses we HATE to hear, IE
- Ephesians 6:12 “Your struggle isn’t against flesh and blood. . .”
- 1 Peter 3:7 “If there is anything between you and your spouse your prayers will be hindered.”
- I know you think you have a right to be grumpy at someone close to you. . .but step outside of your box.
MARK S MIRZA