- Background to today’s prayer
- Anna, was in the temple (and had fasted and prayed for years) at the same time as Simeon (who was content to go home to glory now that he had seen the Messiah).
- And they were both at the temple when baby Jesus was brought in to be dedicated,
- Anna should be a symbol for our older women in our churches today.
- Older women need to be there to bless the younger folks.
- I am very blessed to have some older women in my life. They do everything from
- Making me fudge,
- To handing me down ties,
- To remembering me in prayer (and many of them can really pray),
- And I have a GREAT relationship with them.
- So, do you have any “Annas” in your life? If not, why not?
Lord as I think of Anna and her role to both Mary and Joseph, as well as all those “looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem” (Luke 2:38), which You gave us in the expression of Your Son, I cannot help think about the opportunities our older women in our churches have. Lord, we have so many “Annas.” Thank You for the many “Annas” in my life. Forgive me Lord for the times I have “marginalized” them or forgotten about them. My prayer, Lord, is that others in our churches will be burdened for the gifts that only the “Annas” can impart, as we let them minister in our lives. And Father, I pray also for the “Annas,” that they would be willing to listen to You, and impart what You lay upon their hearts. Thank You Father for the gift of the “Annas” in our churches.
MARK S MIRZA