1 Corinthians 10:31 (AMP) So then, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you may do, do all for the honor and glory of God.
Movie . . . City Slickers
- Jack Palance holds up his index finger to Billy Crystal and then tells him that the secret to life is “One Thing” but that you have to figure out that “One Thing” for yourself
- But as Christians, is there one thing?
- And if there is, do we have to figure it out?
Read Today’s Verse
Background for Today’s Prayer:
Unlike in the movie, Christians have a clear direction.
- Think about this, when you pray, do you find yourself going to God, wondering what He wants you to do?
- If so, then begin that journey with our verse
- Begin this year with a commitment to glorify God in absolutely, positively, everything you do.
- How do we pray about it? Like this…
Lord, Your word is so clear, our role here on earth is to bring glory to You. Oh Lord, let that be the question we ask ourselves about every single thing we do, or think about doing, every time I answer the phone, every time I get in the car, every time I speak to my spouse, or my kids. Lord, allow me to have a keen sensitivity to be honoring to You, bringing You glory in ALL that I do. Thank You Lord.