Psalm 51:17 (HCSB) The sacrifice [which is] pleasing to God is a broken spirit. God, You will not despise [or turn away] a broken and humbled heart.
Movie . . . Godfather II
- Michael Corleone grips Fredo by the cheeks and looks into his eyes and says, “Fredo, you broke my heart.”
- We look at a broken heart as something to stay away from, something to run from, as Fredo did.
Read Today’s Verse
Background for Today’s Prayer:
Does God hear your prayers?
- 1 Peter 3:7 tells us that if there is anything between you and your spouse your prayers will be hindered.
- Proverbs 28:9 tells us that sin keeps our prayers from being heard.
- As we begin this new year, let’s get serious about sin in our lives.
Lord, as we come to You, thinking about this new year, Oh Lord we want You to hear our prayers. So Father, show us where our hearts need to be broken before You. Lord, we know that the sacrifice You want is a broken, a contrite, a humbled heart. Lord we know that You will NEVER turn aside a humbled heart. Thank You for that promise Father.
Wonderful insight getting into the new year. It’s time we reflect on our lives and rid ourselves of sins that hinder a close relationship with our God and even fellow men.