Joshua 24:14-15 (NASB) “Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
Movie . . . Indiana Jones
- The guardian of the Holy Grail says to Indiana Jones, regarding the Nazi who chooses what he thinks is the cup of Christ and drinks from it, “He chose poorly.”
- With all of the choices you will make in 2017 let the first one be the best choice not a poor choice.
Read Today’s Verse
Background for Today’s Prayer:
So if you are going to live for the Lord this year…
- Do you have any gods, any idols?
- May I suggest one that perhaps you’ve never thought of as an idol, as a god, in front of God Almighty?
- How about worry?
- Let me suggest that anything you worry about you’ve made an idol before God,. How?
- By worrying about it, rather than trusting the God you’ve chosen, God Almighty
Lord, we recognize that there are idols we have in our life and one of those is “worry.” Lord, this is a sin, an idol, a god, that our fathers and mothers have served, in some cases, for generations. Lord, we do not want to serve the god of worry in 2012. We choose You, by taking those thoughts captive, when they enter our minds. Lord, we do not want in our lives the idol of worry or any other idol, sex, money, self-righteousness, nothing Lord, but You. We choose You Lord.