Spiritual Warfare Treatise
Well, the Beginning of a Treatise
Many of you know that my second Historical Christian Fiction novel (what a mouthful) in The Pray-ers series focuses on Spiritual Warfare.
I want to share with you a few sentences that Dr. Dale, the modern day track coach says at the beginning of his discussion on Spiritual Warfare:
1. Spiritual Warfare has been marketed so we are wrongly calling God’s actions on earth and His sovereign work in our lives, spiritual warfare.
2. Acts of God, and natural disasters, are wrongly considered spiritual warfare.
3. The difficulties He brings into our lives so we can be a Godly example to others, are wrongly considered spiritual warfare.
4. The challenges which come our way to strengthen our faith muscle, if we let it, are wrongly considered spiritual warfare.
5. The opportunities God gives us to comfort others, because he has first comforted us, are thwarted because we wrongly look at the situation, the difficulty, the challenge, as spiritual warfare.
6. Spiritual Warfare has been so marketed, the things God uses to prepare us for the future are wrongly considered spiritual warfare!
You may find this a concern, and I fully understand that. But please allow Dr. Dale to challenge your thinking.
He is challenging mine!